ULFThe leading industry news resource; industry awards and international b2b conference and exhibitions for the sector Unit 1, Canada Water Retail Park, Surrey Quays Rd SE16 2XU International Hospitality Media firstname.lastname@example.org
The festival for urban innovators brings you a no cost webinar series in the lead-up to the live event.
Hosted by IHM editor-in-chief George Sell, our Urban Living webinar series attract an engaged owner, operator, investor, developer and service provider audience within: hotels, serviced apartments / aparthotels, BTR / student housing, co-living, hostels, short term rentals, proptech and co-working.
No cost to join and designed to encourage participants to think differently we look to the future with thought-provoking discussions, debates, live Q&As with industry leaders and innovators as we collectively look to rebound from the downturn. They promise to offer a glimpse of what hospitality and real estate professionals can expect on the run up to URBAN LIVING FESTIVAL 2020: stay-live-work, which is taking place on November 25 - 26 2020 at Tobacco Dock, London.
INTERESTED IN SPONSORING OUR WEBINAR SERIES?
We’re currently taking bookings for brands and companies that wish to position themselves as thought leaders and sponsor our webinar series. The schedule is filling up fast - download the information sheet below or contact email@example.com for more information.
The Urban Living series covers the following themes:-
• Wednesday May 20, 2pm BST: Architecture and design - how will hospitality and real estate asset classes which are centred around communal spaces and activities - such as coliving, coworking, hotels, hostels, student housing and aparthotels - address changing attitudes to social distancing when designing and operating new projects?
Digby Summerhill, Director, Minotti London
Paul Wells, Partner, Dexter Moren Associates
View Recording HERE
• Wednesday June 3, 2PM BST: The future of work: offices, coworking and business travel - what happens when we return to the workplace? how will landlords and operators innovate to ensure people feel safe, healthy, and valued in their workplace. what is the role of proptech? what will be the implications for co-working and business travel in the future?
Giles Fuchs, CEO and Founder, Office Space In Town
Carol Neil, Global Travel Manager, Fidelity International
Jack Sibley, Innovation and Technology Strategies, Nuveen Real Estate
Sean Worker, Managing Director and Principal, T5 Strategies
• Wednesday June 17, 2PM BST: Investor sentiment: hotels, serviced apartments, student housing, coliving, hostels and short term rentals
Michael Abel, Partner, TPG
Christian Birrell, Investment Fund Manager, COLIV Fund, DTZ Investors
Lissa Engle, Founder and Managing Director, Berkeley Capital Group
Mai Lan Marcilly, Director, Real Estate Private Equity, KKR
Florian Schmitz, Founder and CEO, Resonance Partners
• BONUS WEEK: Wednesday June 24, 2PM BST: ‘Workspitality’ – how work is converging with the new-age of hospitality.
Guest host: Piers Brown, CEO, IHM
Stéphane Bensimon, Président - CEO chez WOJO; Work, Share, Live
David Kaiser, Head of Real Estate UK and Ireland, WeWork
Matt Watts, Chief Commercial Officer, LABS
Debbie Wosscow, OBE, Co-Founder, Allbright
• Wednesday July 1st, 2PM BST: Hotel funding and investment
Andrew Harrington, Owner, AHV Associates LLP - Corporate Finance Advisory
Tim Helliwell, Director, International Corporate Banking, Barclays Bank
MariaPia Intini, Development and Investment Director Europe, citizenM Hotels
• BONUS WEEK: Wednesday July 8th, 10am BST: Co-living: fad or phenomenon - will co-living stand the test of time?
Mindy Teo, Deputy Managing Director, The Ascott Limited
Mathias Saleborn, Managing Director, EMEA AND APAC, BridgeStreet
Eliza Liepina, Head of Product and Business Development, Alternative Accommodations, Roundhill Capital (tbc)
• Wednesday July 15th: The 'hotelisation' of real estate - what will space / living-as-a-service look like in the future normal? An opportunity to rethink the way your spaces operate and discover ways to capitalize on new opportunities
Jacob Wedderburn Day, CEO and Co-Founder Stasher
Brett Million, Strategic Partnerships Director, NewFlex
• BONUS WEEK: Wednesday July 22nd, 2PM BST: Student Housing / Build-to-Rent: Developers Changing the Game with Technology
Fred Lerche-Lerchenborg, CEO, Lavanda
• Wednesday July 29th: Distribution disruption: will the OTAs bounce back?
Ryan Haynes, Director, Haynes MarComs
Michael McCartan, Principal, mccartan.tech
Na'im Anis Payman, Chief revolutionary Officer, Zeevou
• Wednesday August 12th: Money v meaning (social purpose) and the role of ESG in the investment case mix
Guest host: Adam Maclennan, Managing Director, Head of UK and Ireland, PKF, hotelexperts
Richard Berridge, Blackbird Real Estate Advisory (tbc)
Bridges Ventures (tbc)
James Fry, Founder, Beyond Aparthotels
• Wednesday August 26th, 2pm BST: Placemaking - overvalued buzzword or underutilised pursuit?
Peter Heule, CEO, Short Stay Group and Yays
Michael Goldin, Director, NoiseAware
Julia Mallaby-Rosler, Chief Marketing Officer, Bimble
• Wednesday September 2nd, 4pm BST: Flex rentals - investing in innovation
Host: Paul Stevens, News Editor, ShortTermRentalz.com
Steve Lowy, CEO, Anglo Educational Services
• Wednesday September 9th: The anyplace workplace: Office of tomorrow v office of yesterday
Charlie Rosier, Co-Founder, CuckoozNest
Tom Wordie, Marketing and partnerships, AndCo
• Wednesday September 16th: Branded Residences and mixed use development
John Hitchcox, Founder at YOO (tbc)
• Wednesday September 23rd, 9am BST: Meet the money: what are urban hospitality and real estate assets worth and where are the opportunities post Covid-19?
Kevin Colket, Founder and CEO, GHIG (tbc)
• Wednesday September 30th: Proptech
Giles Horwitch-Smith, Managing Director, res:harmonics
• Wednesday October 7th: The future normal for corporate travel
• Wednesday October 14th: Assisted living and innovative care
Jan Garde, Founder and Chairman, THE EMBASSIES OF GOOD LIVING
• Wednesday October 21st: The hospitality transaction market
• Wednesday October 28th: Hotel hybrids and hostels
“"We’re witnessing a groundswell of alternative accommodations challenging the status quo as to how we will stay, live and work – it’s already at the centre of many conversations. I am delighted to be part of the first true Urban Living event that addresses the complex issues of branding, distribution, supply, regulation, UX, technology and more"Sean Worker, Managing Director, T5 Strategies