WELCOME TO ENGAGE!: THE TRAVEL BUYER FORUM DEVISED BY THE BUYER, ACCOMMODATION AND URBAN LIVING INNOVATORS.
DRINKS EVENING WEDNESDAY 25th NOVEMBER 2020 AND HALF DAY OF 26TH NOVEMBER 2020 AT THE ENGAGE! FORUM HOSTED ALONGSIDE THE URBAN LIVING FESTIVAL 2020.
DAY 2 WILL BE TAKING PLACE AT TOBACCO DOCK
Serviced Apartment News brings together 40+ of the most influential pre-qualified Corporate Travel buyers with a select number of serviced apartment accommodation providers and other complementary accommodation innovators in a unique fun and thought provoking setting. Encouraging live debate, collaboration and the ability to do business. Maximum of 60 attendees total.
WHY IS THIS EVENT DIFFERENT?
Devised by corporate travel buyers for corporate travel buyers
The unique format and 'collective environment' encourages the group sharing of problems, challenges and ideas - no keynotes, no panel discussions, but a series of 'of the moment' debates to stimulate innovation, best practice and doing business.
Pre-confirmed 2019 corporate travel buyers in attendance included:
Mirela Horvath, IPSEN; Ben Varey, SGS; Natalie Gardner, EA; Bernadette Basterfield, GE; Simon Robinson, Beazley;Carol Neil, Fidelity International;Rosie Mohammad, Pinsent Masons LLP; Vas Karim, Altitude 50; Michelle Bunworth, 'The' Travel Head; Rhiannon Schouten, Road Rebel; Munira Hirji, Beazley; Ben Zakrewski, Bank of America Merrill Lynch; Sherry Marks, Investec Asset Management; Nick McGarrigle, DRW; Karen Hutchings, Ernst and Young; Ryan Coles - Group Global Travel and Fleet Manager, Aviva; Simon Heath, Global Category Manager, Astra Zeneca; George Buchanan, Travel Manager and more
Day One 'Secret' evening drinks reception and Day Two half day morning at URBAN LIVING FESTIVAL 2020
08.30 – 09.30 Nutritionally balanced breakfast to boost energy levels and improve focus. Selected and hosted by our wellness chef, Emma Broome (Life Acrobat), Elite Perforrmance Coach
Meet, energise, and create your purpose and intentions for the day by joining us:
09:15 - 09:30 INTRODUCTION AND WELCOME BY CAROLINE EVANS, SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER, IHM AND JO LAYTON, DIRECTOR, CAP WORLDWIDE SERVICED APARTMENTS
09:30 - 10:15 GUIDED VISUALISATION AND LEADING WITH PASSION BY CRAIG GOLDBLATT
Join Craig for a guided visualisation exercise which will allow you to practice a deep sense of gratitude for your life and all you care for. In an ever increasing busy world filled with expectation, take a moment to breathe and reflect knowing we are enough. Craig will then set your purpose and intentions for the morning with an insight into his story of courage and leading with passion.
Sponsors 3 minutes of fame
10:15 -10:45 POWER JUICE BREAK TO REFLECT AND REVITALISE
10:45 – 11:45 ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS HOSTED BY CORPORATE TRAVEL BUYERS AND INDUSTRY LEADERS (CHOOSE 2)
ROUND TABLE THEMES….
• The future of reporting tools for the alternative accommodation space – Are the buyers getting the management information they need, and are alternative accommodation suppliers providing it? - HOSTED BY SHERRY MARKS, TRAVEL MANAGER, INVESTEC ASSET MANAGEMENT
• Loyalty versus reward dilemma. Is a loyalty scheme vital for survival? - HOSTED BY SIMON ROBINSON, TRAVEL MANAGER, BEAZLEY
• Adapting corporate travel programmes to focus on business traveller’s mental health and wellbeing – what is everyone doing to embrace this? HOSTED BY CRAIG GOLDBLATT, PHILANTHROPIST, COACH
• Live availability for cross selling each other’s products does it exist in reality? HOSTED BY JO LAYTON, DIRECTOR, CAP WORLDWIDE SERVICED APARTMENTS
• The blurring lines of the TMC and apartment agent – should they be one or are they already one?
• What is wrong with the RFP/RIP to the RFP? Debate. What’s wrong and right with the RFP is it time for disruption? - HOSTED BY CAROL NEIL, GLOBAL TRAVEL MANAGER, FIDELITY INTERNATIONAL
A SNAP REVIEW OF THE LAST 12 MONTHS IN THE BESPOKE ACCOMMODATION SPACE AND LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
Thomas Emanuel Director – STR
12:00 – 12:45 BATTLE OF THE ACCOMMODATION PROVIDERS
Accommodation experts take to the stage to fight for specialist verticals, making the case why a particular segment offers the best accommodation opportunities – Hotels v Serviced Apartments v Hostels v Co-living / co-working v Short term rentals.
Hosted by Catherine Chetwynd, Buying Business Travel with:
Hotels: Jason Wischhoff
Serviced Apartments: Jouke Baaima, Director and co-owner, Corporate Housing Factory
Hostels: Nuno Sacramento - Chief Operating Officer - Board Director Safestay PLC
Short Term Rentals: Fran Milsom – Co Owner – The Air Agents
Co-living / co-working: James Penfold - Planning and strategic communications director, The Collective
12:45 - 13:00 CLOSING REMARKS with Piers Brown, CEO IHM and Jo Layton, Director, CAP Worldwide
13.00 ONWARDS … DISCOVERY LUNCH…
WHY ATTEND - this is your opportunity to:
- Promote your accommodation to a captive audience of corporate travel buyers.
- Demonstrate thought leadership
- Share knowledge and drive honest feedback
- Forge new relationships and business opportunities
- Look for your goals in 2021 and beyond
- Save time with everything you require 'all under one roof'
- Challenge the status quo and think differently
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Corporate travel buyers, agents and bookers; Serviced apartment / extended stay, hostel, student housing and apartment rental companies.
Thank you to the ENGAGE advisory board
LOOKING TO STAND OUT AS A SPONSOR?: Discover more about the opportunity here
No cost tickets are exclusively for corporate travel buyers on an invite-only basis. Email Piers@internationalhospitality.media to apply
Limited ENGAGE non-sponsor attendee tickets are available to purchase for the half day. Those wishing to have 'access all areas' throughout URBAN LIVING FESTIVAL are required to purchase the ENGAGE + ticket(s). See ticket options here.