STAY, LIVE, WORK and ENGAGE
• The future of cities
• 'Changemakers': The thinkers, the creators, the agitators
• Debt financing and capital markets
• Space as a service
• 'Socialising the box' - a community state of mind
• Understanding the Urban Living markets - how do these match up within Residential, Commercial and other property asset classes?
How have these asset classes grown in the last 1-3 years and where will they be in another 3 years time? Which Urban Living asset classes are growing fastest?
• Debate - The new hybrid master-lease investment, bubble waiting to burst?
• Distribution – beyond the OTAs. What will the distribution landscape look like in 2025? Will Google and Facebook be the dominant channels or is there a new wave of startups about to be unleashed?
• Debate – does categorization really matter: We love to talk about it, but do consumers care?
• Debate - are short term rental and serviced apartment valuations closer to residential real estate or hotel real estate?
• In unit technology solutions
• Case studies x 2
• Creating great guest experiences without hotel infrastructure
• Work, rest and play - the rise of blended, mixed-use and co-living / home-office hybrid developments. Modern travellers are not looking for demarcated areas to work, sleep, eat and socialise – they want it all in one building. Which brands are addressing this need in the most exciting and innovative ways?
• New concepts for inter-generational and assisted living
• F&B: DIY or Deliveroo?
Workshop session – designing for Gen Y
The room splits in to smaller groups to invent a concept for a 24 yr old tech savvy well-travelled entrepreneur. Groups will cover:
• Unit design
• Social spaces and community
• Branding, marketing and social media
• Sleep science
• Investment credentials
• In-room technology
• Operational technology
• More tbc
• Benchmark: How are BTR, Student housing & Assisted living asset classes performing, what's the outlook for the future?
• Case studies x 2
• Rebels with a cause
• Mixed-use megatrends: guests from 18 to 80 love to live, work and relax in a casual lifestyle environment.
What synergies can be generated from the new mixed-use components of co-living, co-working, hostels, serviced apartments, boutique and lifestyle hotels, student housing, offices and F&B outlets? What are the challenges in design, construction/financing and guest experience? What is the best approach for creating new sustainable micro cities with their own communities?
• Co-living: compact, community and convenience
• The rise of 'Hipsturbia' - urban real estate trend 2020
•Technology, Transformation and the Future of Work
•Work mobility debate – with the growth of 'working on the move' culture, numerous co-working, private members clubs and hospitality options, does where we work matter any more?
• Better Together: Realizing the vision of collaborative hotel and shared office space
• Blurring the lines - what is blended space and what can it do for the workplace? Consider CSR; differentiating space; placemaking; employee experience
• Case studies x 2
• Will leases be around in 5 years?
• The 'Fate of the flex economy' Separating fact from fiction with all the recent media hype on coworking & flex workspace. A discussion on the aborted WeWork IPO & implications for heads of real estate. Explaining the role & value of flexible workspace in an enterprise real estate portfolio
• AI: Man v Machines
• Scaling for profit
• March of technology: the what and when of disruption
08.30 – 09.30 Nutritionally balanced breakfast to boost energy levels and improve focus. Selected and hosted by our wellness chef, Emma Broome (Life Acrobat), Elite Perforrmance Coach
Meet, energise, and create your purpose and intentions for the day by joining us:
09:15 - 09:30 INTRODUCTION AND WELCOME BY CAROLINE EVANS, SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER, IHM AND JO LAYTON, DIRECTOR, CAP WORLDWIDE SERVICED APARTMENTS
09:30 - 10:15 GUIDED VISUALISATION AND LEADING WITH PASSION BY CRAIG GOLDBLATT
Join Craig for a guided visualisation exercise which will allow you to practice a deep sense of gratitude for your life and all you care for. In an ever increasing busy world filled with expectation, take a moment to breathe and reflect knowing we are enough. Craig will then set your purpose and intentions for the morning with an insight into his story of courage and leading with passion.
Sponsors 3 minutes of fame
10:15 -10:45 POWER JUICE BREAK TO REFLECT AND REVITALISE
10:45 – 11:45 ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS HOSTED BY CORPORATE TRAVEL BUYERS AND INDUSTRY LEADERS (CHOOSE 2)
ROUND TABLE THEMES….
• The future of reporting tools for the alternative accommodation space – Are the buyers getting the management information they need, and are alternative accommodation suppliers providing it? - HOSTED BY SHERRY MARKS, TRAVEL MANAGER, INVESTEC ASSET MANAGEMENT
• Loyalty versus reward dilemma. Is a loyalty scheme vital for survival? - HOSTED BY SIMON ROBINSON, TRAVEL MANAGER, BEAZLEY
• Adapting corporate travel programmes to focus on business traveller’s mental health and wellbeing – what is everyone doing to embrace this? HOSTED BY CRAIG GOLDBLATT, PHILANTHROPIST, COACH
• Live availability for cross selling each other’s products does it exist in reality? HOSTED BY JO LAYTON, DIRECTOR, CAP WORLDWIDE SERVICED APARTMENTS
• The blurring lines of the TMC and apartment agent – should they be one or are they already one?
• What is wrong with the RFP/RIP to the RFP? Debate. What’s wrong and right with the RFP is it time for disruption? - HOSTED BY CAROL NEIL, GLOBAL TRAVEL MANAGER, FIDELITY INTERNATIONAL
A SNAP REVIEW OF THE LAST 12 MONTHS IN THE BESPOKE ACCOMMODATION SPACE AND LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
Thomas Emanuel Director – STR
12:00 – 12:45 BATTLE OF THE ACCOMMODATION PROVIDERS
Accommodation experts take to the stage to fight for specialist verticals, making the case why a particular segment offers the best accommodation opportunities – Hotels v Serviced Apartments v Hostels v Co-living / co-working v Short term rentals.
Hosted by Catherine Chetwynd, Buying Business Travel with:
Hotels: Jason Wischhoff
Serviced Apartments: Jouke Baaima, Director and co-owner, Corporate Housing Factory
Hostels: Nuno Sacramento - Chief Operating Officer - Board Director Safestay PLC
Short Term Rentals: Fran Milsom – Co Owner – The Air Agents
Co-living / co-working: James Penfold - Planning and strategic communications director, The Collective
12:45 - 13:00 CLOSING REMARKS with Caroline Evans, Senior Account Manager, IHM and Jo Layton, Director, CAP Worldwide
13.00 ONWARDS … DISCOVERY LUNCH…
The Urban Living young gun
The Urban Living innovator