ULFThe leading industry news resource; industry awards and international b2b conference and exhibitions for the sector Unit 1, Canada Water Retail Park, Surrey Quays Rd SE16 2XU International Hospitality Media email@example.com
The festival for urban innovators brings you a no cost webinar series in the lead-up to the live event.
Hosted by IHM editor-in-chief George Sell, our Urban Living webinar series has already attracted 2,000+ engaged owners, operators, investors, developers and service providers within: hotels, serviced apartments / aparthotels, BTR / student housing, co-living, hostels, short term rentals, proptech and co-working.
No cost to join and designed to encourage participants to think differently we look to the future with thought-provoking discussions, debates, live Q&As with industry leaders and innovators as we collectively look to rebound from the downturn. They promise to offer a glimpse of what hospitality and real estate professionals can expect on the run up to URBAN LIVING FESTIVAL 2020: stay-live-work, which is taking place on November 25 - 26 2020 at Tobacco Dock, London.
INTERESTED IN SPONSORING OUR WEBINAR SERIES?
We’re currently taking bookings for brands and companies that wish to position themselves as thought leaders and sponsor our webinar series. The schedule is filling up fast - download the information sheet below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Discover the latest Urban Living webinar series topics: (Scroll to the base to listen to those hosted previously)
• Wednesday July 1st, 2PM BST: Hotel funding and investment
Discover the current state of hotel funding and investment.
You will learn: A hoteliers funding options; Current lending and investment requirements; Who’s funding and where funds are available; How to successfully access funds with a look to the future.
Andrew Harrington, Owner, AHV Associates LLP - Corporate Finance Advisory
Tim Helliwell, Director, International Corporate Banking, Barclays Bank
Mariapia Intini, Development & Investment Director Europe, citizenM Hotels
Merzak Kaddour, Investment Director, Edyn Group
View recording HERE
• BONUS WEEK: Wednesday July 8th, 10am BST: Co-living: fad or phenomenon - will co-living stand the test of time? SPONSORED BY RES:HARMONICS
You will learn: What is coliving? What does a coliving project need to include? How has Covid affected the sector in terms of occupancy and operating procedures? Who is the customer and how is the appeal of coliving broadening? Regional differences in product offering and customer demographic. The investment landscape: how has the institutional view of the sector changed? The big players and the new kids on the block - who are the operators to look out for? Predictions: how will the sector look in five years?
Douglas Edwards, Managing Director, Head of Equity Raising, CORESTATE Capital Group
Joe Persechino, Head of Residential & Student Accommodation, AXA IM - Real Assets
Mathias Saleborn, Managing Director, EMEA AND APAC, BridgeStreet
Mindy Teo, Deputy Managing Director, The Ascott Limited
View recording here
• Wednesday July 15th, 2PM BST: The 'hotelisation' of real estate - what will space / living-as-a-service look like in the future normal? An opportunity to rethink the way your spaces operate and discover ways to capitalize on new opportunities
You will learn:
Giles Horwitch-Smith, Managing Director, Res:harmonics
Brett Million, Strategic Partnerships Director, NewFlex
Benjamin Oeckl, CEO, BelForm
Jacob Wedderburn Day, CEO and Co-Founder Stasher
• BONUS WEEK: Wednesday July 22nd, 2PM BST: Student Housing / Build-to-Rent: Developers Changing the Game with Technology
Murtaza Bukhari, General Manager, Strategic Partnerships, Samsung
Fred Lerche-Lerchenborg, CEO, Lavanda
Gina McMorran, Managing Director, Sales & Marketing - Europe, CA Management Services
Brian Welsh, CEO, Nido Student
• Wednesday July 29th, 2PM BST: Distribution disruption: will the OTAs bounce back? SPONSORED BY APARTBOOK
Guest host: Eloise Hanson, News Reporter, Boutique Hotel Newsin conversation with:-
Ryan Haynes, Director, Haynes MarComs
Michael McCartan, Principal, mccartan.tech
Na'im Anis Payman, Chief revolutionary Officer, Zeevou
Michael De Jongh, CCO, Avvio.com
•Wednesday August 5th, 2PM BST: The unknown GDV (Gross Development Value) and its impact on funding new development projects
You will learn how real estate construction has been affected during the crisis; how the dislocation of supply and demand has affected on valuations; criteria for refinancing and how development risk can be managed going forward
Guest Host: Beth Fisher, Editor, Bridging & Commercial and Development Finance Today.
Emma Burke, Deal Origination, Maslow Capital LLP
Andrew Hosford, Managing Director, Pure Structured Finance
Russell Kett, Chairman, HVS, London
Patrick Smith, Investment Director, Frogmore
• Wednesday August 12th, 2PM BST: Money v meaning (social purpose) and the role of ESG in the investment case mix
Guest Host: Adam Maclennan, Managing Director, Head of UK and Ireland, PKF, hotelexperts
Richard Berridge, Blackbird Real Estate Advisory
James Fry, Founder, Beyond Aparthotels
Leslie Gent, Head of Responsible Investing, Coutts
David Schlegel, Partner, Bridges Fund Management (tbc)
• Wednesday August 26th, 2pm BST: Placemaking - overvalued buzzword or underutilised pursuit?
Michael Goldin, Director, NoiseAware
Peter Heule, CEO, Short Stay Group and Yays
Eliza Liepina, Head of Product and Business Development, Alternative Accommodations, Roundhill Capital
Francesca Howland, Co-Founder, Bimble
• Wednesday September 2nd, 4pm BST: Flex rentals - investing in innovation
Guest Host: Paul Stevens, News Editor, ShortTermRentalz.com
Mickey Kropf, Founder and CEO, Vector Travel
Steve Lowy, CEO, Anglo Educational Services
Susan Tjarksen, Managing Director, Multifamily Capital Markets, Cushman and Wakefield
• Wednesday September 9th, 2PM BST: The anyplace workplace: Office of tomorrow v office of yesterday
Charlie Rosier, Co-Founder, CuckoozNest
Tom Wordie, Marketing and partnerships, AndCo
Bruce Daisley, EatSleepWorkRepeat
• Wednesday September 16th, 2PM BST: Branded Residences and mixed use development
John Hitchcox, Founder at YOO (tbc)
• Wednesday September 23rd, 9AM BST: Meet the money: what are urban hospitality real estate assets worth and where are the opportunities post Covid-19?
Kevin Colket, Founder and CEO, GHIG (tbc)
• Wednesday September 30th, 2PM BST: New real estate models and proptech investors SPONSORED BY RMS CLOUD
There are thousands of new proptech companies competing to solve the real estate sector’s problems – existing or imagined – but very few will succeed. How important is proptech to real estate investors and how do they cut through the hype?
Nikki Greenberg, Futurist - Real Estate of the future (tbc)
Giles Horwitch-Smith, Managing Director, res:harmonics
• Wednesday October 7th: Investment: How to partially pandemic-proof your portfolio
• Wednesday October 14th: Will traditional retirement community investments become fossils of the future?
Jan Garde, Founder and Chairman, THE EMBASSIES OF GOOD LIVING
• Wednesday October 21st: The hospitality transaction market
• Wednesday October 28th: Hotel hybrids and hostels
Paul Bridger, Head Rovester and Director, ROVE Hotels (tbc)
Filippo Cavandoli, CEO and Founder, Nomad Aparthotels (tbc)
LISTEN UP! VIEW THOSE PREVIOUSLY RECORDED
• Wednesday May 20, 2pm BST: Architecture and design - how will hospitality and real estate asset classes which are centred around communal spaces and activities - such as coliving, coworking, hotels, hostels, student housing and aparthotels - address changing attitudes to social distancing when designing and operating new projects?
Digby Summerhill, Director, Minotti London
Paul Wells, Partner, Dexter Moren Associates
View Recording HERE
• Wednesday June 3, 2PM BST: The future of work: offices, coworking and business travel - what happens when we return to the workplace? how will landlords and operators innovate to ensure people feel safe, healthy, and valued in their workplace. what is the role of proptech? what will be the implications for co-working and business travel in the future?
Giles Fuchs, CEO and Founder, Office Space In Town
Carol Neil, Global Travel Manager, Fidelity International
Jack Sibley, Innovation and Technology Strategies, Nuveen Real Estate
Sean Worker, Managing Director and Principal, T5 Strategies
View Recording HERE
• Wednesday June 17, 2PM BST: Investor sentiment: hotels, serviced apartments, student housing, coliving, hostels and short term rentals. Topics to be discussed include how our contributors have managed their assets during the crisis; how their investment outlook has changed and why; which hospitality and real estate asset classes have become significantly more or less attractive; how will real estate and operating company asset values be affected in the future and more.
Michael Abel, Partner, TPG
Christian Birrell, Investment Fund Manager, COLIV Fund, DTZ Investors
Lissa Engle, Founder and Managing Director, Berkeley Capital Group
Mai Lan Marcilly, Director, Real Estate Private Equity, KKR
Florian Schmitz, Founder and CEO, Resonance Partners
View Recording HERE
• BONUS WEEK: Wednesday June 24, 2PM BST: ‘Workspitality®’ – how work is converging with the new-age of hospitality.
Discover how our visionairies have managed their business’ during the crisis, and what they have learnt to position themselves for the upturn.
Guest host: Piers Brown, CEO, IHM
Stéphane Bensimon, Président - CEO chez WOJO; Work, Share, Live
David Kaiser, Head of Real Estate UK and Ireland, WeWork
Matt Watts, Chief Commercial Officer, LABS
Debbie Wosskow, OBE, Co-Founder, Allbright
workspitality® of yesterday v tomorrow
community and the impact of Working From Home trend
repurposing: conversion of lobby / F&B spaces to workspaces
what does a hotel business centre look like post-Covid?
lease v management agreement
workspitality®’s DNA, and more
The term "workspitality" is a registered trademark owned by WOJO, 2020
View Recording HERE
“"ULF is a long needed innovative approach. The blend of content demonstrates that hospitality provides the increasingly crucial thread through so many real estate classes and not only refers to traditional hotels and serviced apartments but has already permeated the residential markets in their increasingly varied formats. Now these services are expanding into the residential innovative care and office markets in the UK and overseas. We are witnessing the market converging at pace as investors seek optimum yield across a variety of urban asset classes. These are exciting and pioneering times and I look forward to expanding my horizons at this unique event"Laurence Geller CBE, CEO Geller Capital Partners